Kindle, A New Way To Read

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Bumpy Road of Writers – Karin Tabke

Yes, that is really Karin Tabke, the author. lol! Very sexy.






Click Here To Go To Karin's Site

Karin's Story

It’s not a razzle-dazzle story. It isn’t a turn of luck, or a hardship case. It wasn’t one of those epiphany type moments when I knew what I had to do. Nope, mine was pretty text book.

I can sum it up in one word: perseverance.

I’m a goal orientated person. I set a goal and work hard until I achieve it. No secret formula.

Always a reader and a sometime dabbler in writing, I made the decision I wanted to be New York published almost 7 years ago.

As a business woman first and foremost I drew up a plan. A map if you will on how I was getting to New York. I had a lot of work to do.

I spent several years honing my craft, hanging with like-minded people and constantly querying agents. I went to conferences when I didn’t know anyone, and made contacts.

My writing improved, I stopped getting form rejections and I met editors. I forged onward, and sold. It wasn’t until after my first sale I signed with my dream agent. And the rest they say is history.

My advice is and has always been, never, never, ever give up. Not if you want it. If you quit then you have no one to blame but yourself

Click Here To Go To More Stories on the Bumpy Road of Writers at WriteAttitude.com