Kindle, A New Way To Read

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Kathryn Heigl vs. the Writers

Katherine Heigl has infuriated the writers for Grey's Anatomy. Last year she won an Emmy, but this year she took her name out of the running because the scripts she was given weren't Emmy material.

When we asked Katherine Heigl why her name is not on the TV academy's list of Emmy contenders, she issued this statement to Gold Derby: "I am truly grateful for the honor that the Academy bestowed upon me last year. I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the Academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention. In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials."

Needless to say, the writers aren't pleased. An insider from the show told Entertainment Weekly: "The show bent over backwards to accommodate her film schedule, and then she criticizes the show for lack of material? It's an ungrateful slap in the face to the very writers responsible for her Emmy win in the first place."

We're thinking that Kathryn's character Izzie may have to face some really annoying plot points next season. Note to actors: never diss the screenwriters in public. They can make you look great, or...well, you get the idea.

From Writer's Write Blog
06/28/08 10:18p