Kindle, A New Way To Read

Friday, July 4, 2008

Debut!

I found another one of my old magazine's, Writer's Digest, and found a piece with Erica Kennedy. I actually remember when her book came out because I saw it everywhere. From what it said, it's supposed to be made into a movie, but I haven't seen it or maybe it's been out and I haven't noticed.

31 year old Erica Kennedy’s debut book is Bling!

Debut book: Bling (Miramax, June 2004) a novel described as “a hip hop version of Pygmalion”

Time Frame: “I started my book in April 2002—the day after going to a media panel called ‘How to Start Your Novel.’ Halfway through the process, I got writer’s block; 3 months later, it miraculously lifted. My book sold in August 2003.”

Secret To Success: “Reviewers have called my book ‘genre-defying.’ Honestly, that’s because I didn’t know what I was doing. “I’d never written fiction. I read the Elements of Fiction book series and a ton of commercial fiction, and I just wrote in a way that felt good to me.”

Pet Peeve: “I have a moral objection to almost all chick lit, because it’s usually about neurotic, self-deprecating women how to turn themselves inside out to get a man. That offends me.”

Writer’s Digest 7/2004
07/04/08 9:20pm